Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Attention to Detail Leads the Learning/Teaching Path

As I think about the the days after Thanksgiving holiday,  I am thinking about the ways I want to focus more on attention to detail--attention to detail with regard to student service, logistics, daily lessons, and teamwork. It's not about the big picture right now as that work has received considerable thought--it's about the details.

To make that visible, I want to revisit service delivery maps, administrative work organization, collegiality, teamwork, and lesson planning and response. The goal in the end is to provide the best possible service to students, families, and colleagues as a learning/teaching team member. Being faithful to weekly meetings, needed planning time, extra help sessions, and family conferences/meetings is a good way to make this work visible. Similarly making that one hour or so a day for the administrative paperwork that goes with the job helps too.

Overall it's been a good year, and I'd like to continue pushing in with the details above to continue to better my practice as expected and desired. Onward.