Saturday, September 30, 2017

Appreciation

Yesterday I was appreciated by a group of students and that felt good. Later in the day I found myself appreciating a few colleagues who contributed significant time and energy to better our school and service to students. Their detailed-oriented, acute dedication helped me to focus in on some specific issues with greater clarity and care. I could not have done this without the colleagues' dedicated time and effort.

This year as my house quiets and my schedule is more reasonable, I find that I'm noticing and appreciating more. The hectic schedule of balancing children, work, professional learning, and more can, in ways, blind one to the myriad of good works that are happening all around you. It's a pleasure to be at this place of recognition--a good place to be.