Monday, May 01, 2017

Self Discipline and Dreams


"We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort." - Jesse Owens 



The good life depends on self discipline and dreams.

First, what are your dreams--what is it that you are hoping to achieve and why?

Then, how will you build and use self discipline to achieve those dreams.

These are good questions to consult as you move through the day today.

As I start the day with students today, I'll share these thoughts by writing "Greatness is within your grasp" on the board. Then I'll ask them what they think that quote means. After that I'll have them tell me the ingredients they believe greatness includes. Later I'll share the quote above.

For myself, I want to think about my dreams at the moment with a bit more specificity. Then I want to think about the rationale for those dreams and outline the self discipline needed to achieve that future. I like starting the day with something meaningful to think about and work on.