Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Another bite of Humble Pie

Yes, I ate another piece of humble pie today. It's been a while since I had a slice of that acrid dessert. I approached a situation with much less seriousness than expected, and that resulted in the bitter bite.

The decisions were rushed, the emails skimmed, and the plans rearranged a bit without notice to others involved. A lesson learned.

In the future, we'll have to make the time to sit down and plan it all out carefully step-by-step, minute-by-minute, person-by-person. In the past, the event was much more relaxed, but now it seems to carry more weight, care, and caution.

So as I ate the bitter sweet, I owned my part and offered to re-do the task. A lesson learned and if you want to find the light in the event, it's that I'm glad it happened early in the year rather than later. Onward.