Teaching/Learning Road Map: January - June 2015
Refine the weekly teaching/learning routine with teaching partner.
Creating the Service Learning Board with Students
- Take new pictures on Monday, and update board on Fridays.
I started this road map earlier by mapping out my primary work, the math curriculum for the start of the year. Then continue standard-by-standard in blended, differentiated ways.
- Prep Science and execute TedTalk/Science Teaching Project with key science questions that relate to all grade-level standards.
- Prep hands-on science investigations related to science standards. Access supplies and specialists through WPSF grant process and PTO funds.
- Continue to focus on new/existing science standards, knowledge building, and hands-on STEAM exploration.
- Start the year with The Fourteenth Goldfish by Jennifer L. Holm
- Look for ways to integrate new student jobs for making the classroom as student-friendly as possible.
- Continue to organize, update STEAM Center (work in progress)
We also have a number of special presentations and events to plan including the following:
- NStar free Wattsville Energy Presentation (follow-up with scheduling)
- Discovery Museum Science Visits: Funded by WPSF Grant
- Author Visit
- K'Nex Simple Machines Building Days: Funded by WPSF Grant
- Science Ted Talk Research/Teaching Presentations
- Spring Family Conference Dates--starting in March
- Writing in Science
- Biography project prep.
- Hands-On Science Exploration
- Marble Maze STEAM Project Dates
- Biography Project introduction activities in preparation for the June Event.
- Spring Rivers Day field study.
- Fifth Grade Play
- Field Day
There are books to read and conferences to attend.
- Continue regular routine of morning research, reading, blogging and weekly #edchat, #satchat, PLC work, teamwork, newsletter and more.
- Continued participation in child study and school council committees.
- MLK Weekend: A focus on Communication w/book list.
- Educon 2.7: Focus on Developing Craft, Honing Vision, Direction
- February Break: Focus on Classroom Community and Mindfulness
- March Teaching and Learning Conference: Focus on the Future of Education
- April NCTM Conference: Math Teaching/Program Development
- Spring/Summer: Focused study on brain-friendly learning
- Wayland ELA Institute: Learning Design presentation, lots of learning.
- Wayland STEAM Institute:Global Cardboard Challenge/Math Coding Potential Presentations.
- Teach all standards
- Make time for keyboarding practice
- Follow system-wide protocols, preparation efforts.
- Update evidence list regularly with notes and copies of evidence.
- Respond to administrator efforts, requests as needed.
- Continue to work on primary goal: teaching all math standards.
2015-2016 School Year
There will be some staffing changes in the year ahead so I will have to wait until that information is known before planning for that school year.