Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Vision

I have a vision of great schools--places where children thrive and educators are treated with respect.

I have a vision for great schools where people work together to develop, grow, and change for the better.

I have a vision for great schools where the unimportant processes, events, and actions are streamlined so there's time for what's most important.

I have a vision for schools where most people serve children with skilled time-on-task each day.

I have a vision for schools with great buildings, wonderful playgrounds and sports fields, arts programs, and state-of-the art tools that make learning accessible to all.

I have a vision for schools where educators work with vision taking risks to try out new ideas, looking for the best learning venues and projects, and continuing to learn and share.

I have a vision for schools that are learning communities which include families, students, educators, leaders, and community members in the process, decisions, and actions on a regular basis.

I have a vision for schools where each group serves another--teachers serve students and families, leaders serve teachers, the community serves leaders so that everyone has the support and encouragement they need to do a great job.

I have a vision for schools where every child is treated with respect and there's an urgency to serve every child well.

I have a vision for schools where all have a reasonable schedule, and all work with care during that time to serve children well.

I have a vision for schools where all earn a fair salary so that they can devote their work time to school and still have time and money to enjoy family and friends.

I have a vision of schools where people work together for the mission of teaching and serving children well, and that mission is at the forefront of all efforts, discussions, share, and action.

That is my vision for schools at this time, a vision I am committed to, and a vision I'll continue to work for.