Friday, March 09, 2012

A Successful Team

I've noticed that the team aspect of my school and school system has grown stronger.  I am most happy about this because it allows me to understand and carry out my role with greater focus and strength.

What actions have strengthened the team?
  • Timely, regular, focused communication. 
  • Skilled coaching.
  • Student-friendly, formative assessments.
  • Weekly PLC meetings that build collaboration and shared knowledge.
  • Expert speakers for professional development.
  • The opportunity for staff to lead and attend optimal pd conferences and workshops.
  • A better schedule for targeted, thoughtful instruction.
  • Optimal access to technology and other researched tools and books that enrich learning.
Developing collaborative schools and school systems is an evolving process--a process worthy of the  time and attention my school system has demonstrated.