Saturday, January 21, 2012

Communicate!

As I was blogging this morning, I realized the impact recent professional development activities have had on my thinking and practice.  I also lamented the fact that I have missed a number of professional development events recently simply because the resources and time don't exist for one to do all things.

The best way for systems to remedy this is to require those that attend professional development activities and system-wide events to post a brief description of the endeavor and a short list of essential points.  By sharing the learning, the entire organization gains perspective and knowledge.  These synopses could be placed on a Professional Development Communicate page which would serve as a central depot for professional sharing and growth, as well as a way of spreading the good news related to educators' growth and development with the community at large.