Sunday, May 12, 2013

Impatient for Change

I am often impatient for change.

I see potential, and I see walls that stand between what is and what can be. I'm an idealist.

As an idealist, I constantly bring myself back to the mission that lies at the center of my ideas and actions: children.  I focus on the need for the ideas to be student-centered rather than me-centered, and I acknowledge that I don't hold all perspectives, understand all systems, or have all the answers.  I know that true, positive growth and change lies in dynamic, diverse conversation and collaboration.

I speak up with passion, strength, and positive intent.  I welcome your push-back, retort, and debate because it is that discourse that will bring positive change.

As systems move forward there is a need to build in regular idea streams and efforts for all stakeholders to make the debate, passion, and change a normalized part of the organization.  That will build strong, fluent organizations that serve children well. This change marks the movement from "factory model" to "team model," a change that has terrific potential as schools move forward.