Friday, May 17, 2013

Hangout?

I'm a late adopter of online video chats for student learning, but the new Google+ apps have prompted the leap.

Why the delay?  First, I didn't have a good digital share space in my classroom.  That's something I've recently made space for.  Also, most of the teaching/learning time in the class is spent on active investigation and exploration--we don't spend a lot of time sitting and listening.  I was worried about a conversation with many children and one online expert or another class, yet I know multiple teachers near and far engage in "mystery Skype" and other wonderful video chat shares.

I'm ready now and hope to engage in U.S. Regions and Endangered Species study hangouts.  If you'd like to join us in this hangout exploration and use, let me know.  Better yet, if you're willing to guide us in this new learning venue, we're open to your support and help.