Thursday, May 30, 2013

Field Day Festivities

Our extraordinary physical education teacher will lead another field day today.

He crafts the day like a choreographer designs an intricate performance--every detail has been considered and the children have been prepared.  As with all work he does, collaboration, cheering each other on, and physical fitness take center stage during this festive, celebratory day.

As the classroom teacher, I'll follow my class to activity after activity.  I'll cheer for and coach my students through contests that involve running laps, shooting balls, and jumping over hurdles.  I'll also help with skinned knees, disappointing results, and thirsty/hungry athletes.

Field Day brings the whole school together in a colorful, playground celebration--one the students look forward to each year.