Monday, August 27, 2012

Goal: Coaching

I've been preparing for the new school year since the late days of the last school year.  I'm challenging myself to be the best possible academic coach that I can be this year.  What does that mean?

At present, that goal means the following actions:
  • Living life with optimal balance so I'm healthy, happy and energized.
  • Taking the time each day to listen, respond and care for the students in my charge.
  • Teaching my students effective "learning to learn" strategies, attitudes and behaviors.
  • Establishing positive classroom routines.
  • Putting students and their families first with respect to professional activity and focus.
  • Collaborating with my grade-level colleagues to troubleshoot, plan and implement a child-centered program.
  • Focusing my professional work on learning and activities that develop my knowledge, skills and outlook so I can coach my students with strength.
  • Organizing files and materials so that I'm able to provide the tools to support student learning and program choice.
  • Time for reflection, research and learning daily online and off.
  • Effective daily feedback.
At the end of the year, I'd like to be able to say that I was able to coach each child well, and that each child successfully learned with confidence, happiness and meaning.