Friday, August 03, 2012

ePortfolio Creation

Last year I was searching for an ePortfolio venue for my students, and this year I'm presenting ePortfolio workshops.  I've still got more to learn, but I'm considerably further down the road when it comes to digital portfolios than I was 12 months ago.

Yesterday's resume is today's ePortfolio.  ePortfolios provide a professional snapshot to administrators, employers, grant funders and others who may be assessing your work and performance.

ePortfolios also serve to streamline your efforts with regard to storing and showcasing your resume, work examples, evaluation goals and professional development work.  To streamline in education means you have more time to do the important work: focus on student learning.

I've prepped my  presentation. I presented at the Summer MTA Conference.  If you're interested, take a look.  I'll make a second presentation at this fall's MassCue conference. I'm also open to consulting and helping out students, teachers and professional organizations who would like to embrace and integrate this practice.

And, as always, please let me know if you have an ideas, thoughts or response--I'm always open to revision and change.


Afterward
 ePortfolios at Williams' Tech Lab

The ePortfolio participants were a wonderful group of educators, I left learning as much as I shared.